Do you ever have those days when you just want to crawl back into bed instead of getting up and taking action? Or how about wanting to escape to a deserted island and leave all the trappings of 21st century life behind especially the last year or so?
The following tips are just a few examples of how running the rat race of life can get you down and discouraged and feeling like you’re not worthy of a successful business or a life filled with all the joy you would like. Some people even feel like an imposter because they don’t think they have the proper degrees or haven’t reached their lofty business and/or life goals in a short amount of time.
Embracing a positive outlook regarding your business will carry over into your whole life and will greatly improve your joy and happiness. There are actually 12 tips I want to give you but so you don’t get overwhelmed, I’m going to share six this week and six in next weeks’ Weekly Wisdom.
These 12 tips can be used in any aspect of life – business, personal, social. However first you have to start incorporating some of them and then take some notes when you see a shift in your attitude. The notes when you look back at them, will allow you to see the changes that occur along the way. So, let’s start…..
- Positive affirmations. Sometimes we all need a little reminder that we ARE worthy and we DO deserve success and to be proud of ourselves. Find 3-4 affirmations that resonate with you and take some small index cards, write them out and post them around your house where you’ll see them often. Some clients post them on the dash of their car too. Don’t choose more than 4 because you will overload your subconscious and won’t take in anything. Also, be sure that they are written in the NOW so that it’s as if you already achieved them. (If you need a full list of affirmations, email me and I will send you a list.) Hazel@LiveYourAbundantLife.com.
- Spend your time wisely by learning from the best sources. Learning from the best of the best encourages and motivates you to move forward with your plans. Don’t waste your time with subpar products or imitation resources that spout the same information which ultimately just leads to procrastination.
- Draw inspiration from good role models. You’ll know a good role model when you see them because you’ll feel drawn to them and their teachings will resonate deeply. Don’t copy their steps exactly; instead, modify the steps they took to create their success so it meshes with your life and your business values.
- Examine your current beliefs and mindset. Your subconscious internalizes limiting beliefs, which in turn can make you feel less than worthy or successful in all areas of life. Everyone encounters these limiting beliefs at some point. However challenging it may be, the key is to identify these beliefs (in all areas of your life), understand why they are blocking your success and turn them around into positive thinking that allows you to move forward.
- Change your self-limiting beliefs into more powerful beliefs. Grab a pen and paper and write down those self-limiting beliefs. Now change the wording of those limiting beliefs into something much more powerful. For example, if you believe that you’ll never earn a good income, change that belief into, “I am intelligent and capable of earning enough money to live the kind of lifestyle I wish for.” The fastest way to change negative thinking and self-limiting beliefs is with hypnotherapy because it allows the professional to give suggestions directly to your subconscious. It is very powerful, not dangerous and the hypnotherapist does not have control of your mind. A hypnotherapist is not a hypnotist who does stage hypnosis to entertain audiences.
- Revisit your vision and goals. It’s important for everyone to have both career and personal goals so that you have something to work toward. When you don’t have goals or don’t know where you are going it can make life boring and unfulfilling plus often procrastination sets in. Also, goals can be changed from time to time. Remember the goals you set in college may not be the same as what you want to achieve in your 40’s or 50’s plus.
Creating goals and a vision for your business and/or your life, often reignites the excitement you once had which in turn will excite you to break that vision down into smaller goals. Break those smaller goals down even further into daily tasks and you’ll find a great sense of accomplishment every time you cross off that daily task.
That’s it for this week. I will share the last six of these in next weeks’ Weekly Wisdom.
‘Til Next Time
Have a powerful week
Live life with gratitude and abundance
P.S. If you would like to know more about hypnotherapy, email me to set up a complimentary 25 minute ‘discovery’ call. Hazel@LiveYourAbundantLife.com
“I have been doing hypnosis with Hazel for a couple of months now. I was totally skeptical about the whole hypnosis concept and really didn't believe I could be hypnotized. Not only can I be hypnotized, but it really works!!!!! I have made great strides in my personal growth since working with Hazel. She really knows what she is doing. If you have any areas in your life where you are stuck or insecure, please give Hazel and her amazing skills a try. You won't be sorry you tried something new. Hazel is also a certified business/life coach, with so much knowledge and experience behind her, Hazel is truly a gem among the rest. Thank you Hazel.” Heather Priamos. Owner, Secret Garden Hair Studio, Studio City, CA.